Healthcare Conference Track
Improved patient safety—enabled by supply chain visibility—is transforming healthcare—and GS1 Standards are at the forefront. At GS1 Connect, you’ll learn from experts about the GS1 System, how to harness the latest standards-based supply chain best practices, improve business and care delivery processes, and prepare for U.S. FDA Unique Device Identification (UDI) and the Drug Supply Chain Security Act (DSCSA).
Pre-Conference Workshops for Healthcare
Provider Site Tour: Monday, June 9, 2014, 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Anatomy of a Regulation; Understanding the When, How and Why of the FDA’s UDI Regulation
- Mysteries of FDA’s Global Unique Device Identification Database (GUDID) Uncovered – Leveraging GDSN
See “GS1 Standards in Action” at Sharp Memorial Hospital, San Diego.
Join Shannon John Johnson PharmD, Director of Pharmacy and GS1 US for this unique opportunity to see how Sharp Memorial has integrated GS1 Standards with patient care delivery throughout point-of-care scanning and medication management technology to increase patient safety and operational efficiencies. Event is limited to 25 attendees. Contact us at email@example.com to secure your spot!
Healthcare Track Sessions
- Hot Topics: Medical Device Supply Chain and FDA UDI
- FDA UDI Implementation – Member Research Update
- Synchronizing GTINs into Provider Item Masters – Opening Doors to GDSN
- GLN's: The Link Between Providers and Suppliers
- Hot Topics: Pharmaceutical Supply Chain and Getting Ready for DSCSA
- Are we Meaningful Data Users? Learn from the Pharmaceutical Experience
- Pharmaceutical Industry's Collaborative Journey to Traceability
- Assuring Interoperability with Standards in Pharmaceutical Packaging
(Note: Topics are subject to change pending speaker acquisition.)
Continuing Professional Education (CPE)
This program has been approved for CPEs by the Association for Healthcare Resource & Materials Management (AHRMM).
Attendees of the GS1 Connect Healthcare Track may earn 13.5 CPEs.
Attendees of the GS1 Connect Pre-Conference sessions may earn CPE as well, the total number of CPE varies by session.
Collaboration day (Tuesday)
- Meet with industry partners, peers, solution providers, and standards experts to get started or to advance your implementation efforts.
- Learn how others in the healthcare industry are implementing GS1 Standards.
- Meet trading partners in the Healthcare Zone in the Exhibit Hall.
- Discuss your implementation questions with GS1 Standards Experts one-on-one.
- Meet with GS1 Healthcare US experts and learn about how to apply GS1 Standards to improve patient safety and supply chain efficiency.
- Ask questions of session speakers during and after conference sessions.
Visit the Healthcare Zone and Standards Zone in the Exhibit Hall to find resources for implementing GS1 Standards in your business.
Industry Conference Planning Representatives
- Elizabeth Waldorf, Amgen, Inc.
- Scott Dwyer, Cleveland Clinic
- Kevin Capatch, Geisinger Health System
- Michael Smith, Merck & Company, Inc.
- Becky Walkinshaw, Wexner Medical Center
- Craig Karagitz, Terumo Medical Corp.