Retail Conference Track
Bookmark this page and check back often for Retail Community-focused updates and features.
The retail shopping experience has changed! Consumers want “an always-on, always open” omni-channel experience, where online and brick-and-mortar sales converge to provide a seamless shopping experience. It’s more important than ever for the Retail Sector to enable supply chain visibility from the source to the consumer and ensure that the right product gets to the right place, at the right time. In business, you can’t afford to stop learning. GS1 Connect 2015 provides you with opportunity to learn from peers, trading partners and standards experts about how to enable a seamless omni-channel consumer experience and deliver on the “always on, always open” consumer promise by leveraging GS1 Standards.
INNOVATE. COLLABORATE. TRANSFORM.
Business demands and resource constraints often drive the need to examine problems from fresh perspectives. When you address a supply chain or business process challenge in a new way leveraging GS1 Standards, you become an innovator. As you share your learnings with your peers and discuss the implementation implications with your trading partners, you bring collaboration into the process that is so critical to transforming entire industries. This is what GS1 Connect is all about. See what the Retail Track has to offer in Austin in 2015.
RETAIL TRACK SESSION HIGHLIGHTS
- Omni-Channel in Action - Retail Success Stories
- Web-Ready Content - Romancing the Product
- Meeting Consumer Demand with Predictive Analytics and Data Sharing Improvements
- Understanding Fulfillment Model Challenges – The Buyer’s/Seller’s Perspective
- The New Retail Paradigm in the Internet of Things
- The Importance of Accurate Inventory Visibility
- Transportation Challenges and Successes
- Supply Chain Best Practices
- The RFID Adoption Workshop (Monday, June 1st, 1:00 – 5:00 PM CT) - will provide instruction on how retailer and supplier organizations can leverage RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) technology to deliver omni-channel success. Suppliers who have been asked to tag their products or are investigating RFID as a solution in their supply chain; and retailers who are currently deploying RFID and those who are planning to are welcome to attend.
- The Integrated Business Planning Workshop (Monday, June 1st, 1:00 – 5:00 PM CT) - will cover the principles and processes of Sales and Operations Planning. Attendees will learn techniques and best practices on how to operationalize their company strategy, prioritize and align enterprise initiatives, approach external collaboration, and establish an effective performance measurement strategy. This workshop will help attendees learn how to frame their organization’s key objectives and goals, assess where they are today, identify their quick wins, and create a business improvement plan that moves their organization forward while sustaining critical their gains in the areas of customer experience, margin and asset performance areas.
- GS1 US GDSN Major Release Implementation Workshop (Sunday, May 31st, 12:30 PM – 6:00 PM CT OR Friday, June 5th, 7:30 AM – 1:00 PM CT) - will guide participants through the steps needed to prepare for the GDSN non-backward Major Release 3.1 scheduled to be rolled out in 2016. This hands-on workshop will focus on the detail of the data changes and how they are intended to operate.
How to do business with...sessions
Learn about business process requirements directly from industry leaders like Belk, Best Buy US, Dillard’s, Hudson’s Bay Company, Lowe’s, Macy’s, Nordstrom, Sears Holdings, Target, Walmart, Zappos.com, and more.
Trading partner roundtables
Meet face-to-face with retail trading partners Belk, Best Buy US, Do It Best Corp, Lowe's, Macy’s, Sam's Club, Sears Holdings, Walmart and Zappos.com to learn how to optimize your supply chain.
- Attend “How To Do Business With” sessions with major retailers
- Interact one-on-one with top retailers at informal “Trading Partner Roundtable” meetings
- Join us for Collaboration Day
- Meet GS1 experts and solution providers who understand your business challenges
- Meet peers and industry experts at “Retail Meet and Greet” sessions
INDUSTRY CONFERENCE PLANNING REPRESENTATIVES
- Ardetha Bradley, Georgia Pacific
- Bill Gratke, Lamps Plus, Inc.
- Tom McGraw, Gates Corporation
- Mike Sadiwnyk, GS1 Canada
- Steve Shiovitz, Levi Strauss & Company
- Andrea Smith, Lord & Taylor
- Gale Weisenfeld, PVH Corp.
- Kris Whitney, Macy’s Inc.
Check out the complete list of all GS1 Connect 2015 Community Advisory Board (CAB) Members