Retail Conference Track
Bookmark this page and check back often for Retail Community-focused updates and features.
The retail supply chain is ever changing; hyper-connectivity and rapid technological changes have given birth to the omni-shopper, who demands a truly seamless customer experience regardless of the manner they shop.
Today’s consumers don’t shop online or in a store, they just shop. With click and collect, online shopping and traditional in-store shopping, getting product into a customer’s hands has never been trickier. Retailers and brands are witnessing a supply chain transformation—and those who are taking an active role in the adoption and usage of GS1 Standards in their everyday business practices are in a better position to see a boost in sales and in customer satisfaction.
In business, you can’t afford to stop learning. GS1 Connect 2016 provides you with the opportunity to learn from peers, trading partners and standards experts about how to enable a seamless omni-channel shopping experience and deliver on the “always on, always open” consumer promise by leveraging the GS1 System of Standards.
RETAIL TRACK SESSION HIGHLIGHTS
- Open Industry Meeting
- The Omni-Channel / E-Commerce Effect & Retail’s Unintended Consequences
- True Measures of EPC/RFID Success—Beyond the Sales Lift
- Omni-Channel-Ready Merchandise: Exploring the new GS1 US Guideline
- Omni-Channel Deployment for Any Size Organization - Best Practices Reviewed
- Product Images & Attributes Galore, Consumers Want More, Implementation Learnings
- Planes, Trains, Automobiles, Drones – Today’s Complex Transportation World
- Product Data Harmonization - Making A Product Available For Sale
- Order-to-Cash Business Process Review – Optimizing the Demand Driven Supply Chain
- Understanding Government Regulations for Retail Success
- The Importance & Value of Data Sharing
How to do business with...sessions
Learn about business process requirements directly from industry leaders.
Trading partner roundtables
Meet face-to-face with retail trading partners to learn how to optimize your supply chain
- Attend “How To Do Business With” sessions with major retailers
- Interact one-on-one with top retailers at informal “Trading Partner Roundtable” meetings
- Meet GS1 experts and solution providers who understand your business challenges
- Get to know peers and industry experts at “Retail Meet and Greet” sessions
INDUSTRY CONFERENCE PLANNING REPRESENTATIVES
- Ardetha Bradley, Georgia Pacific
- Ai Hua, Gates Corporation
- Brian Osborne, Worthington Industries
- Mike Sadiwnyk, GS1 Canada
- Steve Shiovitz, Levi Strauss & Company
- Gale Weisenfeld, PVH Corp.
- Kris Whitney, Macy’s Inc.
Check out the complete list of all GS1 Connect 2016 Community Advisory Board (CAB) Members