Guideline – Order Consolidation Best Practices, Release 1
- This Guideline delivers best practice guidance for implementing multiple purchase orders for the same store/delivery/ship “from location” in a carton. Download PDF (936 KB)
Guideline - Floor Ready Merchandise, Release 3
- This Guideline provides suppliers and retailers with uniform guidelines for the efficient preparation of apparel and general merchandise products for presentation to the consumer. Download PDF (2 MB)
GTIN Adoption and Usage Model - Implementation Roadmap for the U.S. Retail Supply Chain
- This document seeks to support apparel and general merchandise companies with their initial GS1 Global Trade Item Number (GTIN) implementation efforts, as well as their efforts to expand or extend their implementations based on that work. It provides a GTIN adoption and usage model, a detailed implementation roadmap for each level of maturity, and a list of GTIN implementation resources. Download PDF (563 KB)
Retail Industry Product Information Management
- Retail industry created best practices for naming, identification, management, and sharing of product images and data attributes. A consistent model to support omni-channel commerce and enhance speed-to-market product availability. Eliminate existing manual/labor intensive processes and get products online sooner.
10 Ways to Reduce Friction in Your Supply Chain
- Retailers and brand owners are more focused than ever on delivering a compelling consumer shopping experience, gaining and maintaining shopper loyalty, and driving revenue lift. Faced with operational integration and inventory visibility challenges across channels, new points of friction have emerged.
Read 10 different ways that companies have reduced friction in their supply chain.
Checklist - Using GS1 Standards for Store Brands/Private Label Identification
- Using GS1 Standards to properly identify store brands is critical for sellers to broaden their access to more marketplaces and for consumers to be able to search, discover, and purchase your products. This checklist is for retailers and brand owners who are responsible for assigning the Global Trade Item Number (GTIN®) hierarchy, using your licensed GS1 Company Prefix. Download PDF (91 KB)
White Paper & Infographic: Data Quality Case for Change - Target, Keurig, and Pilot Pen Share Their Data Quality Journeys.
Guideline - Bill of Lading (BOL) - The objective of standardizing the BOL is to help ensure that the shipper, carrier and consignee) are all getting the information they need for the processing of the goods through the supply chain. This is intended for LTL & TL ground transport within the U.S. Download PDF (3 MB)
Guideline - GS1 US E-Commerce Fulfillment - Addresses the “merchandising challenges” associated with preparing, packaging and shipping product for both in-store & e-commerce fulfillment. It also establishes industry best practices for successfully delivering a consistent cross-channel consumer experience. Download PDF (934 KB)
Guideline - Best Practice Guideline for Exchanging Product Images and Attributes, Release 3.2 - This application guideline provides detailed guidance on how to create, manage and supply product images and data attributes for use in commerce applications across retail operations.
GS1 US Trade Item Identification and Communication Guidelines for Electronic Data Interchange - The X12-EDI-GS1-US-Version-7020 Implementation Guidelines have been updated to reflect industry-approved enhancements that support today’s unified business processes and digital-savvy consumers. Download PDF (1 MB)
Guideline - GS1 US EAN U.P.C. Tag Format & Placement - Provides detailed guidance for a wide variety of products (including hanging apparel, plastic packaged products, and boxed products) with specific guidance for each ticketing or packaging variation. Download PDF (2 MB)
Guideline - Hanger Specifications for Floor-Ready Merchandise R7.0 - This guideline provides continuity of hanger presentation within retail stores through color consistency; facilitating supplier application by reducing hanger SKUs and enabling efficiencies associated with mass production, re-use, and application of the hanger. Download PDF (2 MB)
Supplier Template - Intra-Organizational-Letter - Making a Case for using Product Information Standards - Provided as a supplier-focused resource, this template letter is intended to help mid-level managers advocate the benefits of using product information standards to secure senior management buy-in and/or sponsorship. Download DOCX (18 KB)
Retailer Template - Intra-Organization-Adoption - Making a Case for Using Product Information Standards - Provided as a retailer-focused resource, this template letter is intended to help mid-level managers advocate the benefits of using product information standards to secure senior management buy-in and/or sponsorship. Download DOCX (17 KB)