GS1 US Apparel and General Merchandise Initiative
Partnering with the retail industry to deliver on the omni-channel promise
Consumers now demand a unified “always-on, always-open” shopping experience. Retailers, marketplaces, brand owners, manufacturers, solution providers, and other retail industry stakeholders are seeking ways to keep pace and grow. Working collaboratively as members of the GS1 US Apparel and General Merchandise Initiative, they’re defining retail business challenges and opportunities, exploring solutions, and creating adoption plans to evolve their value chain, fulfillment, and business processes.
The GS1 US Apparel and General Merchandise Initiative represents a broad cross-section of industry trading partners. Today more than 130 member companies work together to help industry:
- Deliver on the omni-channel promise
- Create end-to-end item-level inventory visibility
- Meet user demand for rich product information
- Enhance speed-to-web product listings (attributes and images)
- Optimize fulfillment strategies
- Improve data accuracy
- Automate data sharing
Benefits of membership
By joining the Initiative, your organization will take a leading role in helping shape the future of the retail industry and its value chain. Benefits of membership include:
- Opportunities to learn first-hand how GS1 Standards are implemented for business improvements by receiving GS1 US-provided expertise, education, and support services
- A collaborative working environment with peers and trading partners for sharing and learning best practices for operational improvements
- Opportunities to advance the industry by providing leadership in defining recommended solutions for critical business needs
- Access to member-only initiative news, resources, and information
Get involved. Join our Initiative. Participate in one or more of our workgroups.
Learn more about our workgroups
or apply below to join the Initiative.
Sign up for GS1 US industry updates
Get industry information and resources delivered directly to your email inbox. Sign up to receive white papers, standards updates, guidelines, case studies, and more. >