GS1 Healthcare US Initiative
Partnering with industry to identify challenges and foster collaborative solutions using GS1 Standards
Today's healthcare organizations are expected to deliver the highest levels of patient care and safety while lowering costs, increasing efficiencies, and adapting to new legislation, reform, and regulations. Working collaboratively as members of GS1 Healthcare US®, they are driving the use of open, global standards to improve the accuracy, speed, and efficiency of the healthcare supply chain and care delivery.
The GS1 Healthcare US Initiative represents a broad cross section of industry stakeholders. Today, more than 172 healthcare manufacturers, distributors, providers, dispenser pharmacies, group purchasing organizations, government agencies, and industry associations are working together to help address challenges where GS1 Standards can have a positive impact:
- Safer patient care
- Supporting regulatory compliance
- Improving operational efficiency
- Enhancing data quality
Benefits of membership
By joining the initiative, your organization will play an active role in driving the adoption and use of GS1 Standards to transform healthcare. Among the benefits of membership:
- Opportunities to learn first-hand how GS1 Standards are implemented for business improvements by receiving GS1 US®-provided expertise, education, and support services
- A collaborative working environment with peers and trading partners for sharing and learning best practices for operational improvements
- Opportunities to advance the industry by providing leadership in defining recommended solutions for critical business needs
- Access to member-only initiative news, resources, and information
Get involved. Join our initiative. Participate in one or more of our workgroups. Learn more about our workgroups or apply below to join the Initiative.
Apply to join the GS1 Healthcare US Initiative
Sign up for GS1 US industry updates
Get industry information and resources delivered directly to your email inbox. Sign up to receive white papers, standards updates, guidelines, case studies, and more.