Ways Barcodes, U.P.C.s, and GTINs can Improve Your Business
Barcodes and product identifiers like a GTIN and location identifiers like a Global Location Number (GLN) have been integrated into our modern lives to increase efficiency, productivity, and customer satisfaction. Every day, they are used in:
Inventory management and traceability
- Managing inventory levels
- Tracking medical devices, pharmaceuticals, and food to help ensure patient and consumer safety
Point of sale accuracy
- Scanning and identifying products at point of sale (checkout), online, and at warehouses
- GTINs make it easier for your products to be found in web searches and online marketplaces, leading to a better consumer experience and increased revenue for you
- Medical device manufacturers use GS1 GTINs and barcodes to support U.S. FDA UDI regulatory requirements. GS1 is a FDA-accredited issuing agency for UDI
Shipping and receiving
- Barcodes and product and location identifiers are used by businesses to manage how they exchange goods within their supply chain
- Different barcodes and product and location identifiers can identify a product, its origin and current location in transit, and if it was received by a trading partner
- Capturing and sharing data like location, nutrition, and allergens so fresh foods growers, restaurants, and packaged goods businesses can share more complete and accurate information with trading partners and consumers
- Businesses can exchange information electronically to expedite invoicing and re-ordering
These and other business processes come through the power of barcodes and the Universal Product Code (U.P.C.) to Identify items, Capture accurate data, and Share that information with customers and businesses.
When you create a barcode using GS1 Standards, you are using standards that are recognized and accepted by businesses all over the world. This allows you to better communicate with your trading partners and consumers and build your business.