Foodservice GS1 US Standards Initiative
Partnering with the foodservice industry to identify and overcome challenges using GS1 Standards
Today’s foodservice organizations are seeking to drive waste out of the foodservice supply chain, improve product information, and establish a foundation for food safety through better traceability. Working collaboratively as members of the Foodservice GS1 US Standards Initiative, they are encouraging the use of open, global standards to improve efficiency, accuracy, and visibility in the foodservice supply chain.
The Foodservice GS1 US Standards Initiative represents a broad cross section of industry. Today, more than 130 foodservice manufacturers, distributors, operators, associations, and others are working together to help address challenges where GS1 Standards can have a positive impact:
- Driving efficiency across the supply chain
- Providing complete and accurate product data
- Meeting traceability demands
- Improving data quality
Benefits of membership
By joining the Initiative, your organization will take a leading role in helping shape the future of the foodservice industry and its value chain. Benefits of membership include:
- Opportunities to learn first-hand how GS1 Standards are implemented for business improvements by receiving GS1 US-provided expertise, education, and support services
- A collaborative working environment with peers and trading partners for sharing and learning best practices for operational improvements
- Opportunities to advance the industry by providing leadership in defining recommended solutions for critical business needs
- Access to member-only initiative news, resources, and information
- Opportunity to join the Supply Chain Optimization Cross-Industry Discussion Group to explore industry use cases and the relevance of standards in blockchain applications
Sign up for GS1 US industry updates
Get industry information and resources delivered directly to your email inbox. Sign up to receive white papers, standards updates, guidelines, case studies, and more.
In the News
View our recent on-demand webinars and share with others at your company.
- The Building Blocks of Quality Product Data
- Blockchain - Foundational Knowledge and Practical Applications
- How to Tackle Product Data Accuracy For Big Wins in Business
- The Road to Traceability is Paved with Unique Identification
If you don’t have a Learning Management System account, you can create one at no cost for access to lots of educational materials.