1. Data Governance
Provides the processes and procedures to establish and maintain accurate data over time. Follow the program’s Five Point Best Practice:
- Adhere to GS1 Standards and rules for initial attributes in internal setup
- Assign data owners throughout the organization
- Appoint one entity/department/individual as the sole owner of product data
- Audit all new items produced in a sustainable production environment ready for shipment (finished goods)
- Execute communication of initial attributes and package measurements, both internally and externally
2. Education and Training
Give your organization the knowledge it needs. Conduct ongoing education focused on GS1 GTIN® Management Standard, Package Measurement Rules, and the Global Data Synchronization Network™ (GDSN®), if applicable.
3. Attribute Audit
Validate your data governance processes and institutional knowledge through routine physical audits—comparing an actual product to the most recent information shared about that product.