Company Name Change Request

If your company name has changed, but ownership has remained the same, you need to update your information with GS1 US® to ensure the proper registration of your GS1 Company Prefix(es).

Follow these steps to submit your company name change request:*

Step 1: Download and complete the Company Name Change Form
Step 2: Gather documents supporting company name change (see list below)
Step 3: Submit the completed Company Name Change form and the supporting documents in myGS1 US via the Support and Registrations section.

Examples of documents accepted:

  • Amendment to Articles of Incorporation
  • Certificate of Amendment to Articles of Incorporation
  • Amendment to Articles of Formation
  • Certificate of Amendment to Articles of Formation
  • Amendment to Articles of Organization
  • Certificate of Amendment of Articles of Organization

If GS1 US does not receive the requested documentation, we cannot update the records associated with your GS1 Company Prefix.

* Companies that have regulated healthcare products should notify the U.S. FDA of any change in name or ownership. This notification is the responsibility of the company not GS1 US.

The following information contained herein is for informational purposes only as a convenience, and is not legal advice or a substitute for legal counsel, nor does it constitute advertising or a solicitation. GS1 US, Inc. assumes no liability for the use or interpretation of the information contained herein.

All GS1 Company Prefix transfer requests are unique and in some situations, additional documentation may be required

Submission of a request does not guarantee the transfer of the GS1 Company Prefix.