Introduction to Global Data Synchronization Network (GDSN)
Looking to streamline sharing of your master data with trading partners? Do you want to ensure that all of your trading partners have access to the same consistent product information?
The GS1 Global Data Synchronization Network™ (GDSN®) connects trading partners via a network of interoperable GDSN-certified data pools. It is a data-sharing protocol that enables trading partners to share product master data with continuous updates. With GDSN, stakeholders can establish an authoritative data source to align product information across their internal systems as well as their trading partners. It can help brand owners, manufacturers, distributors, wholesalers, retailers, foodservice operators and healthcare providers (aka data sources and data recipients) have access to the same, consistent information, including product attributes, such as weight, description, brand name, product information, Global Trade Item Number® (GTIN®), and manufacturer information.
What will you learn?
If your company uses, or has plans to use, GDSN to access and share product information attend this e-learning course to learn:
- What data synchronization is and why synchronized data creates opportunities for improved data quality.
- The building blocks and benefits of GDSN.
- How to get started with GDSN and where it fits.
Learn how you can use GDSN to align product information across your internal systems as well as with your trading partners.
Who should attend
This course is appropriate for all supply chain parties who are seeking a beginner’s overview of GDSN, including, but not limited to:
- GDSN coordinators or specialists
- Brand owner, manufacturer, distributor, wholesaler, retailer, foodservice operator, or healthcare provider team members who are involved in data sharing, data synchronization, and data management as well as those who work in data integration