GS1 US Advisory Services for Traceability, Data Quality and More!
Customized support to improve your healthcare supply chain
Today’s healthcare organizations are under tremendous pressure to deliver consistent, high-quality care while lowering costs, increasing efficiencies and adapting to new legislation, reform and regulations. GS1 US® is here to help your organizations meet those objectives through the use of GS1 Standards.
We offer a combination of technical and business expertise to address specific challenges your organization may face as you integrate the GS1 System of Standards into your operations.
Are you looking to improve a business process like traceability, master data management or product authentication? Contact Advisory Services for help tackling these challenges by emailing us at AdvisoryServices@gs1us.org.
Examples of Advisory Services engagements in healthcare:
- Implementation readiness for preparing to address regulatory requirements
- GS1 Standards education and resources - GS1 identification, barcode, and data standards that can be used to implement:
- U.S. FDA Unique Device Identification (UDI) Rule requirements*
- Drug Supply Chain Security Act (DSCSA) serialization, lot-level management, and item-level traceability requirements**
- Business process mapping and gap analysis to facilitate enterprise-wide use of GS1 Standards
To help your company maximize benefits from implementing standards-based business processes, our team of industry experts will share their expertise and best practice recommendations. Topics may include:
- Identifying products, locations and logistic units
- Capturing GS1 Standards in barcodes
- Sharing trusted data with trading partners and consumers
- Supply chain traceability
- Data quality and the GS1 US National Data Quality Program
- Radio frequency identification
We provide virtual and on-site education
- GS1 Foundations for Healthcare
- GS1 Standards for U.S. FDA UDI Certificate Course
- GS1 Standards for DSCSA Suppliers Certificate Course
- GS1 Standards for Product Data Excellence Online Certificate Course
Ask us about training opportunities for your business.
*For information about the rule, see the U.S. FDA Unique Device Identification System
**For information about the act, see the 2013 Drug Supply Chain Security Act
Disclaimer: GS1 US is the local GS1 Member Organization that supports implementation of the GS1 System in the United States. GS1 US employees are not representatives or agents of the U.S. FDA, and the content herein has not been reviewed, approved, or authorized by the U.S. FDA.
GS1 is a U.S. FDA-Accredited Issuing Agency for UDI, and GS1 Standards are authorized for use in implementing the requirements of the U.S. FDA UDI Rule.