- Data Governance Process
Master Data Management
- Education & Training Protocol
- Attribute Audit
Accurate data is a must-have for the optimal exchange of product information and delivering outstanding consumer experiences. Data quality is absolutely essential for effective collaboration among trading partners. It’s also crucial to improving efficiencies across various business processes.
To help organizations improve data quality, GS1 US® has brought together industry stakeholders to develop the GS1 US National Data Quality Program (NDQP).
Industry Best Practices
Supplier / Manufacturer,
Wholesaler / Distributor,
Receiver / Buyer / Provider
Apparel, General Merchandise, Hardlines, Healthcare, CPG, Grocery, Fresh Foods, Foodservice
NDQP is built on a standards-based framework for all industries and addresses three essential components that can lead to data quality certification by GS1 US:
1. Data Governance
Provides the processes and procedures to establish and maintain accurate data over time. Follow the program’s Five Point Best Practice:
- Adhere to GS1 Standards and rules for initial attributes in internal setup
- Assign data owners throughout the organization
- Appoint one entity/department/individual as the sole owner of product data
- Audit all new items produced in a sustainable production environment ready for shipment (finished goods)
- Execute communication of initial attributes and package measurements, both internally and externally
2. Education and Training
Give your organization the knowledge it needs. Conduct ongoing education focused on GS1 GTIN® Management Standard, Package Measurement Rules, and the Global Data Synchronization Network™ (GDSN®), if applicable.
3. Attribute Audit
Validate your data governance processes and institutional knowledge through routine physical audits—comparing an actual product to the most recent information shared about that product.